Limited Intentions Result in Creating Shifts – Picture to Ponder – v6 – issue 47

by Sheila Finkelstein on December 1, 2010

This morning I set the intention to find a something new in my neighborhood, that would catch my eye, and then photograph it for this issue. During the brilliant sunlit morning here in Florida, I noticed the dance of shadows on a garage door. I took several photos and mentally my “story” was forming. Lo and behold, when I went to download them, they weren’t there. Evidently I did not click firmly enough on the older camera I had grabbed.

I’m guessing now, the latter happened so that we would end up experiencing
Today’s Featured Photo

a brilliant September sunset in Green Cay Wetlands.

When I was finally ready to search my files for photos to share with you today, I had the strong feeling to go for “color”. I assumed the resulting choice would floral. Then the brilliant orange sunset photos caught my eye.

I love the one featured here for the strong reflections of the orange clouds. At the same time, though the colors are vibrant, there is a stillness and serenity put forth in the water.

Note – If you are wondering how I got the rich colors, I am thinking that I used the “Sunset” setting on my camera.

Below are the two photographs not included in the email version of this post.

I very much liked this clouds and sky photograph and chose not to use it in the email edition of Picture to Ponder. The topmost one seemed to need a space of its on.

When you have the desire to be in your own space are you able to claim it?

I had also set the photo below to go into the email issue and then did not, for the same reason as above.

I liked the feeling of peace and almost endless possibility in this one as we follow the water way back.  The dark plants in the right front are somewhat disconcerting and blocking.  We could look at the clump as a block, or we could choose to look beyond it.

How would you view it?  From a limited perspective or from the wide open space?

As I stated in the beginning, I had set a particular intention for today’s issue and circumstances (pictures not on the memory card) had it such that it could not happen. I was able to flow with it and go in another direction which also turned out differently from what I expected.

Looking at your own life. Are you setting intentions? How do you handle situations when they don’t go as planned? Are you able to find the good in them? Does flexibility come to you with ease?

Are any of the above queries bringing up challenges for you? Perhaps you might set pausing and looking for a particular color as a pivotal point for refreshing and shifting focus when this happens.

And, as always remember to have fun with the queries and share what comes up for you in the Comments below.

Returning in January –
My Through and From the Lens – Using the Camera for Breakthrough Shifts in Seeing and Being and well as taking photos you’ll love. Currently set for Tuesday nights, a day course is possible, if there is a demand.

Enrollment is limited to 10 participants, so, if interested, check it out now, before it officially opens this weekend. Details on TFTL – Jan 2011

Anne Ronnenbergh December 1, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I am looking at this sunset and reflect on a recent event. I recently remarried. My partner and I decided to have a very small wedding and only invite close family, we kept the event very very quite. In doing this we did not invite any friends. Two of my very close friends are seriously offended and have said that we have broken the friendship. The setting sun seems to reflect on this event and the whole circumstance with these special people have clouded the whole day which was suppose to be special to us. I have apologised but somehow this has not helped at all. So now I wait for the sunrise with a very heavy heart. My intention was never to hurt anyone.

Sheila Finkelstein December 1, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Congratulations, Anne, on your marriage. Very exciting. And regarding your friends, my suggestion to you is to acknowledge their upset, appreciate that on the one hand it comes from their love for you and their wanting to share in your happiness. On the other hand, though disappointed they may be, trust that if they are truly close friends they will realize the importance of honoring yours and your husband’s wishes.

Please do not allow this to mar the blessings of this special occasion for you. Let the warmth of the golden sunset and the peace of the water, cleanse and refresh you leaving you with an open heart.

May the two of you have many years of happiness ahead.

Jane Carter December 2, 2010 at 6:06 am

Hi Sheila,
I just love your sunset photos! We also live where we get sunsets over the ocean, but I have never used the ‘sunset’ mode on our camera. I will have to try this right away.
Oh, I miss Florida, I grew up there. Perhaps we shall have to visit again, though things have changed in my lifetime a lot.
Jane

Sheila Finkelstein December 2, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Thanks so much, Jane. I am wondering, given you are on the East Coast, how do you get ocean sunsets?

I definitely want to see your sunset photos when you try the sunset settings? Actually, do you have any “regular” sunset ones up anywhere now?

Mary Sindicic December 2, 2010 at 10:05 am

Intentions are so very important in my life right now and I find that as I set my vibrational energy on my intentions but also stay open to the many ways my intentions are manifested I am blessed. The photo above reminds me of our connection to source energy and the balancing act we play with the universe.

Thank you.

Sheila Finkelstein December 2, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Interesting response, Mary. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you want to publicly proclaim any of your intentions? If so, you’re certainly welcome to do it here.

Deborah Lee December 2, 2010 at 7:29 pm

This is so beautiful, calm and peaceful. I would like to be here (physically and spiritually) right now instead of formulating a campaign to defeat an upcoming proposed ordinance to allow chicken keeping in our city. I will try to keep these images in mind and keep myself in this zen state while I try to do this.

Sheila Finkelstein December 2, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Thanks, Deborah. I think I’ll go back and plant the image in my brain also. I was just looking at the top photo again. There’s a portion in the water that looks like silk.

And, chickens in the city? It’s funny, I don’t even think of chickens in Florida. Silly isn’t it. A rooster found his way into Wakodahatchee several years ago after a hurricane AND I have rooster pictures in Weehaw Junction, on the way back from Disney a few years ago. Rooster photos from both locations were in Picture to Ponder.

Good luck with having things turn out the way you wish. Peace.