Is Blurriness Imperfection? – Ocean Moonrise at Sunset – Picture to Ponder – v7-41

by Sheila Finkelstein on October 19, 2011

Last week, walking at the beach at sunset, I thought of the full moon seen the previous night. It occurred to me that the timing might be such to see moonrise over the ocean. I pulled out my iPhone to check this on the online Sunrise/Sunset calendar and sure enough it was set to happen in about 20 minutes.

pink moon just starting to rise over the ocean

Nevertheless when I saw the pink spot on the horizon line I wasn’t certain it was the moon.

However, I did take several pictures which I was not going to post publicly because they were all blurry.

A friend, with whom I shared anyway, loved them – the feeling and the abstraction in the blurry ones. Another friend even went so far as to send me a list of ones I should absolutely feature in Picture to Ponder. Included were the bottom two today. I particularly like the third one. Thank you Marifran and Morgine for your encouragement.

The final thing that had me pay attention and feature a full moon so soon after last month’s full moon issue was that, “out of the blue”, I happened to visit Jan Lundy’s blog and saw her article “Moonset at Sunrise“. In addition to appreciating her article and photo, I was captivated by the contrast of Moonset at Sunrise with Moonrise at Sunset.

Jan writes beautifully about her experience of the moonset. Amongst other points, she is a strong stand for “being” in and appreciating the moment:

“Certainly, we might notice them but do we truly stop and savor? Take a sacred pause to lose our self in this very special moment that will never come again?” Do visit the post on Awakened Living to see the moon in the morning and experience Jan Lundy’s sensitive, spiritual and empowering words.

Today’s Picture to Ponder Photos –

moon rising over the ocean

full moon with a slight red glow

full orange moon in the midst of dark clouds

First day after the full moon, over the Atlantic Ocean in Boynton Beach, Florida

In sharing the story of today’s Picture to Ponder photos, I reference not wanting to feature blurry, thus “imperfect”, photos. On the other hand, my friend looked at them from a whole different perspective. What dawned on me was that in the process of measuring by my standards, I might well be depriving you of the inspiration and pleasure that could be landing on your end.

Moving from there, I now invite you to look into your life currently or in the next few days. Do you see, or watch for, places where you get so caught in being “right” and “perfect” that you don’t, or won’t, let other people in?

What if you did share your imperfections, what might be available for them? And, what might become possible for you?

As always, have fun, and please share in the COMMENTS below your experience with these photos and what comes up for you.

Deborah Lee October 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm

This summer we had an incident where a company we had worked with for 13 years did a bad job for us and then wouldn’t correct the work. I was so distraught over having to fix the problem and then go out and find someone else I could trust to continue doing our work for us. I was talking about this with the manager of our local health food store. She said to me (and you have to read this with a slight Southern accent), “I’m so sorry, honey, you have had to go through that, but it just means that there is something better coming for you in the future.”

That made such a difference in my outlook. And true to her word, we found an much better company who has done the best ever work we have had done. I think that’s part of what friends are for – to give us that different perspective – to see our lives with different eyes and reflect that back to us.

Love this pics – especially the blurry ones. Before I had cataract surgery, I had 20/600 vision my entire life. I loved to take my glasses off and look at the blurry world. Most people couldn’t understand that!

Sheila Finkelstein October 19, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your stories. Glad you were able to relax into the words of the health food store manager and that it all worked out so well.

I’m smiling as I read what you wrote, even thought about some of it when I was putting the issue together. A very large number of Picture to Ponder issues are about shifting perspectives. Yet when I was in the thick of it I wasn’t thinking of different ones myself. You are so right on the wonder of our friends and others reflecting back and sharing their “new eyes” views with us. What a difference it makes!

And thank you for sharing with us another dimension of your world and your 20/600 vision. I’m in awe of you.

Gina-Dianne Harding October 19, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Hi Sheila. I am so glad you decided to share these. I was entranced with the third one, but I resonated at a very high vibration with the energy of the first. Imagine — that is actually a moon! Its as if you were actually capturing its essence, its energetic signature. Thank you

Sheila Finkelstein October 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Thanks, Gina-Dianne. I appreciate your sharing your response. I love your being “entranced” with the third one.

It’s also interesting for me to note, piggy backing off your “signature” observation, how the clouds helped create that. I actually labelled the .jpg “pink swan.” I wonder if you see the “swan” in it and, if so, how that would fit with a high vibration of energy – more your field than mine.

Morgine October 19, 2011 at 10:42 pm

SO Happy you decided to share these photos! I love them all! There is just this MYSTICAL quality to them that the blurriness adds… like another dimension… I felt so moved and loved and had feelings of warmth and a melting loving quality when you first shared them. In a class today, the teacher shared the number one thing which often holds us back is being tied to PERFECTION! Thanks for letting go and sharing these photos. They really Warmed my heart!….and how wonderful is that!! What a GIFT you are to all of us!

Lauren Strouse October 20, 2011 at 3:29 pm

thank you so much for sharing these magical, mystical photos – they are beautiful. I am an early riser and always spend a few minutes gazing at the sky when I fetch the paper at 5:30am. The seasons change, the sky changes. The month moves forward, the sky changes. What really intrigues me is to catch a glimpse of moon still hanging in the sky after the sun has risen and the sky is blue. Life is amazing. thank you for sharing yours.